ADULT LEADER TRAINING REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
All Adults (except Lion Parents) must take both the BSA Youth Protection Training as well as the State of California AB506 Youth Protection Training and the LiveScan fingerprinting in order to register with BSA.
- BSA Youth Protection – https://www.scouting.org/training/youth-protection/
- State of CA AB506 – https://mandatedreporterca.com/training/volunteers
- LiveScan (Golden Gate Area Council) – https://applicantservices.com/CaliforniaScouting
More information on the California Youth Protection requirements here: https://californiascouting.org/
New Pack 82 Scouts & Parents
Parents must first create an account and register with BSA before being able to register their child.
Pack dues are payable each fall, see our registration page for more info. These dues cover your national BSA membership, a subscription to our scouting magazine, and other items including a pinewood derby car kit, patches, awards, a Scoutbook.com account, and other pack expenses.
The basic Pack dues are $185. Optional items include a subscription to Scout Life magazine.
Dues do not cover a pack’s full expenses, and are supplemented by fundraising. Dues cover expenses including the following:
- National Scouts BSA registration
- Insurance at $3/scout
- Scoutbook.com access
- Badges, awards, and pins
- Pinewood Derby race car kit
- Materials for Pack and Den (activities and facility rentals)
- Spring pack family campout food and campsite rental
- General pack expenses, including fees paid to national BSA.